April 19, 2016

Stepping Out on Faith

My family hasn't taken the decision to adopt lightly. We have felt a deep calling to help children. We began by sponsoring a child through Compassion International and then several years later, we prayerfully decided to adopt a child into our home to become part of our own family. This may sound like an easy decision - but trust me, it wasn't. My husband can tell you that I wasn't so sure at first. We lead busy lives and most days I worry that I'm getting it all done while still trying to balance being a wife and mom. And quite honestly, my biggest hesitation was is that I know how expensive adoption is and that we cannot afford it.

I'd love to be able to write a check and pay for the adoption without batting an eye. Honestly, if that were the case we'd be adopting more that one child! Unfortunately, that just isn't going to happen on a teacher's salary. The good news is that I know my God is AWESOME God and as long as His hands are on this process, things will be fine. We are truly stepping out on faith - because I assure you - we cannot do this on our own. 

The most uncomfortable part of the whole thing for me has been asking for money fundraising. I know there are people who think to themselves that if we don't have the money we shouldn't do it. But it is heartbreaking to me to know that money is the only thing that keeps people (not just us) from adopting. And through our journey so far I have learned that there are so many people who don't necessarily feel called to adopt, but want to help. We are so thankful for these people!

So friends and family, once again I'm asking for prayers. We are currently at a standstill until we can pay the next fee of $3500. It is so important that we get this fee paid asap because we cannot apply for adoption grants and loans until then. And sadly, until that financial aid is processed, if we were to get a match we would have to turn that baby down. I cannot even write that sentence without getting teary! Please understand that it isn't so much an issue of patience (although I admit I sometimes struggle with that too). We know that a perfect match will come with His timing and not ours. However, it IS an issue of our own convictions to DO SOMETHING.

Thank you for you continued prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment